Tuesday, April 29, 2008

“Without courage you cannot practice the other virtues.” Maya Angelou, who celebrated her 80th birthday last month. She served as the keynote presenter for the American Society on Aging conference, held in late March in Washington, D.C.

So why don’t we call the Serenity Prayer the Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom prayer?

God grant me the courage to change the things I can change,
The serenity to accept those I cannot change,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
But, God grant me the courage not to give up on what I think is
right even though I think it is hopeless.

Chester Nimitz adaptation as quoted by Nell Wing in Grateful to Have Been There.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!