Thursday, August 31, 2023

Want better job? Let me help you find a good job fast.

I've worked as boss's son, then after graduate school I worked for founder and President of public company as Assistant-to-the-President.  Want a better job? Call me! (303)861-1447 and leave a complete, confidential message. If I don't call you back, then and only then call me on cell (720)495-4949. 

Victor Phillips wrote a book called "The Assistant-to Position" published by the American Management Association. I taught his week-long AMA seminar several times when he retired after teaching me.


ChatGPT

I'm glad to hear that my responses have been helpful for you! Regarding Victor Phillips' book "The Assistant-to Position," I don't have specific information about the content of that book as it is not within the scope of my pre-existing knowledge up until September 2021. If you're looking for information about that book, I recommend checking online bookstores, libraries, or other sources that might provide details about its content. If you have any other questions or topics you'd like to discuss, feel free to let me know!


I'd like you to summarize what is said in the book.


ChatGPT

I apologize for any confusion, but I don't have access to information about Victor Phillips' book "The Assistant-to Position" as it falls outside of my training data up until September 2021. Therefore, I'm unable to provide a summary of its content. If you're interested in learning more about the book, I recommend looking for reviews, summaries, or information from reliable sources such as book retailers or libraries. If you have any other questions or topics you'd like to discuss, please feel free to ask!


What has been written about the Assistant-to position other than Phillips? Is it a growing trend? The military has used it as a training position, and President Eisenhower the use of it to increase the effectiveness of CEOs and at the same time giving training avaliable to other way to future CEOs. Has anything been published about it since Peterson's book, published in about 1975 or so, it was a commercialization of his PhD dissertation, done, I believe at Ohio State, he also taught at Bowling Green  in Ohio. 



ChatGPT

The Assistant-to position, also known as the "executive assistant" or "chief of staff" role, has been a topic of interest in various fields, including business, military, and politics. This role typically involves providing direct support to a high-ranking individual, such as a CEO or a political leader. While I don't have access to specific publications beyond September 2021, I can provide some general insights based on information available up to that point:

Military Use: The concept of the Assistant-to position has been used in the military as a training ground for future leaders. It allows individuals to work closely with higher-ranking officers, gaining valuable experience and exposure to leadership responsibilities.

Business Context: In the business world, the Assistant-to position has been used as a strategic role to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of top executives. It involves tasks such as managing communication, coordinating activities, and providing critical support to ensure smooth operations.

Presidential Use: President Dwight D. Eisenhower's implementation of the "Assistant-to the President" role is a notable example. His chief of staff, Sherman Adams, played a crucial role in coordinating and streamlining operations within the White House.

Literature and Research: You mentioned Peterson's book, and it's possible that other books, articles, or research papers have been published on this topic since then. The concept of the Assistant-to position and its variations might have been explored further, discussing its impact on leadership development, organizational efficiency, and career progression.

Modern Trends: Given the changing nature of work and organizations, the role of the executive assistant or chief of staff may have evolved over the years. With advancements in technology and the increasing complexity of business operations, the responsibilities and expectations associated with this role could have adapted accordingly.

For the most up-to-date information and insights on this topic, I recommend exploring academic databases, industry publications, and other reputable sources. If you're interested in the specific publications and developments since Peterson's book, conducting targeted research would likely yield more detailed and recent findings.


wow, very good. thanks!


ChatGPT

You're welcome! I'm glad I could provide you with useful information. If you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with, feel free to ask. Good luck with your upcoming plans and endeavors with the Small Business Chamber of Commerce!


Free Research Preview. ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts. ChatGPT August 3 Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!