Thursday, November 23, 2023

Online with John Wren. www.JohnWren.com Call (303)861-1447

We write to learn. When I can't write, when I sit and stare at the blank screen and nothing seems worth the time of one key-stroke, like right now, I meditate this way: 1) I find an emotional narrative, a fairy tale or a parable, a dream or a daydream I remember or create fresh now; 2) I let associations come and themes emerge; 3) Looking at the last 24-hours or so I gather triggers, traumatic events; I associate the most emotional trigger with each theme until a surprising insight emerges or I repeat with another trigger from the past 24 hours until Jesus and I are startled by the deep inner-wisdom system. 

For a much better explanation of this, which I believe is a gift, read Robert Langs MD, I'm currently rereading his "The Daydream Workbook," published in 1995 when I first started reading it. One Day At A Time.  

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Langs' work is built on early Freud, not the later Freud when he underwent a radical change in his theory and practice. (U of Chicago student, overheard by David Brooks, "Yes, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?")

    ReplyDelete

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!