Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The busy man is never wise, the wise man is never busy.
Lin Yutang

Mary and I went to the Colorado Symphony last night, wonderful concert for the few of us who were there to hear it. I went a couple of weeks ago, same thing, a more than half-empty hall. Even the concert reviews are starting to mention how few people are attending.

Doug Adams, the CSO president introduced the night, he did not say one word about his vision to raise $100 million to take a wrecking ball to the hall, he would have felt foolish bringing it up to such a small crowd, I’m sure.

Did you see Adams’s letter in the Rocky Mountain News. He makes it sound like the Symphony could write a check for $30 million to match the city “contribution” to recycling the almost new Boettcher Concert Hall, while at the same time raising another $25 million for the CSO rainy day fund. If it’s so easy to raise money, why isn’t he selling more tickets?

I’m sure Adams is a very busy man.

I tried to post this comment on the Online Rocky Mountain News a couple of days ago, I got a message I'm not allowed to post. Yesterday, same thing happened when I tried to post a correction to my letter (see yesterday's entry here.) I've contacted the News repeatedly, they refuse to return my calls or email. I'll post what they tell me when I do talk with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!