Saturday, October 27, 2007

I just sent this email to the Rocky Mountain News (see my Sunday, Oct 21 post here on the same problem at the News):

Online Manipulation of the News?

Having online letters to the editor that allow readers to post comments gives the appearance of full, open community dialog.

Is that really the case?

It is my opinion that Denver voters should just vote NO on A thru I.

When I tried to comment on a relevant online letter to the editor last week, I was not allowed to do so. My email and phone calls to your paper questioning this were not returned.

Now another letter appears supporting one of the elements of A thru I and I'm not allowed to even read the full text! (Boettcher does need the remodeling)

Are the people in charge of the online version of the Rocky Mountain News selectively censoring debate on the A thru I issue? Debate is allowed on prostitution, but not A thru I. Has the massive ad budget of the Pro A thru I forces influenced those overseeing the online version of the paper to look the other way on this outrageous manipulation of the discussion about A thru I?

John Wren
960 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203


Maybe the News will answer this letter and my phone call to their newsroom about the same problem. They have been ignoring me about this problem since last week. See my post here last Sunday, Oct 21.

Yesterday I requested that a GOP leader I've known for years allow me to put up a "Vote No on A thur I" yardsign in her front yard. "Of course we've voted no. But we really don't want to upset our neighbors. This is a sensitive issue."

The Independence Insitute sent out it's online newsletter yesterday with no mention of A thru I. My suggestion they send a 2nd email addendum has not been answered.

Republicans I talk with are against A thru I, but they are not willing to speak out against it.

So far as we are human, what we do must be either evil or good: so far as we do evil or good, we are human: and it is better, in a paradoxical way, to do evil than to do nothing: at least we exist. T.S. Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!