Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Is the Denver GOP dead?

Sunday (Oct 28) I sent out an email to hundreds of political activists and GOP leaders encouraging them to go to the Denver Post endorsement of A thru I, make a comment there, and then email their friends in Colorado encouraging them to do the same. (See copy of my email on Oct 28 posted here below.)

How many did it? None. There were NO additional comments on the Post website this morning.

I sent a personal email to one of my most politically active friends, encouraging him to join the fight against A thru I. The result? He sent out an email this morning supporting Ron Paul.

Long time GOP activist friends of mine refuse to put up a “Vote No on A thru I” yard sign when I tried to give it to them. “Of course we voted no, but this is a sensitive issue with our neighbors.”

I sent out 200 letters thru the mail asking for help and got 2 volunteers.
Based on all this, I predict a big, big victory for J-Hic’s A thru I. Denver looses again.

WAKE UP DENVER!!! YOUR EMAIL NOW TO YOUR FRIENDS ON A THRU I WILL ENCOURAGE THEM TO VOTE NO AND RETURN THEIR BALLOTS!!! Go to the Post endorsement at http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_7153084, post your comment there, and then email your friends encouraging them to do the same!

Maybe the Denver GOP is not dead, but just in need of a good nap!

The evidence is mounting that a short afternoon nap, for an otherwise well-rested, healthy person, is good for the heart.
A recent large study of 23,000 people in Greece, published in the Feb. 12 Archives of Internal Medicine, showed a 37 percent reduction in heart attacks among people who napped at least three times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. That study was the first to weed out sick and sedentary nappers and control for physical activity and diet, which might have colored results of other studies showing no benefit.

"I love to nap," says Dr. Robert Downey III, chief of sleep medicine at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Southern California. "I recommend napping."
But he cautions that for a nap to result in increased alertness, it probably should last 20 to 30 minutes.

"With a light nap, you get that soothing, biological benefit, but you don't have to fight your way back to consciousness," he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!