Friday, October 19, 2007

On Oct. 19, 1987, the stock market crashed as the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 508 points, or 22.6 percent in value - its second biggest percentage drop. I was working for Merrill Lynch at the time here in Denver. We got the problem accounts: "Congratulations, your account has been assigned to me here at the National Sales Center in an attempt to give you better service."

Coincidence? On Oct. 19, 1885, Charles E. Merrill, who helped create the Merrill Lynch, at one time the largest brokerage firm in the United States, was born. Following his death on Oct. 6, 1956, his obituary appeared in The Times.

Have you noticed the “Honk if you are for A thru I” sign wavers around town? What they are saying is “Honk if you are for higher taxes.” VERY FEW ARE HONKING! We can beat this! Just vote NO on A thru I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!