Monday, October 01, 2007

On this day in 1896 The U.S. Post Office established Rural Free Delivery. In 1908 Henry Ford introduced the Model T automobile to the market; each car cost $825.

I was quoted again in the Rocky Mountain News today. Same quote as yesterday. Guess it's part of the paper's effort to make Denver green:

Some GOP foot soldiers are grumbling, however.

John Wren, the House District 5 Republican chairman, said city officials should have done a better job of maintaining public buildings with past tax increases.
"I think they better be better stewards of the money they've already been given before they do these sob stories and create hysteria," Wren said. "Taxes going up is a bad thing, and I don't think the mayor has any conception of that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With graffiti concerns surging in Denver, a city councilwoman is hoping to erase a new ad campaign by the Wendy's fast-food restaurant chain that she contends glorifies graffiti.

Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz sent a letter Tuesday to the company asking it to stop running the ad. She saw the commercial at a movie theater.
The ad features a graffiti artist named "Siloette" spray-painting the iconic Wendy's girl image on a wall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this email from my friend Denver Councilperson Jeannie Faatz about my post here a few days ago about her opposition to J-Hic's teacher pay plan:

John,

I noticed on your website a reference to a Post article about a proclamation city council considered re: employee pay. Unfortunately the reporter misunderstood one of my points. I did not say I would support a system where every employee got the same amount of raise. I said I believe there are ways to restructure compensation to have greater employee satisfaction, yet not have to increase the total amount for compensation. In other words, a different distribution of the same total appropriation we now have to achieve greater employee satisfaction.

As you said, not likely that everyone will get the exact same raise. I wouldn't advocate for that either.

The REAL point of my comments was to advocate for greater and more meaningful employee input earlier in the process. I don't want their frustrations to escalate until the only recourse they'd consider would be collective bargaining for Career Service Employees.

Jeanne Faatz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!